Saturday 30 July 2022

Running is tough… in summer

 I still haul my hefty bulk around my housing estate, trying to delude myself that I am actually a runner still. 

However the harsh reality that I see in the reflections of car doors befits a more fitting state of affairs. I may very well be a runner, but in reality, I’m a fat, slow runner. 

If the 2014 me, altogether more svelte, could see me now, he’s have a heart attack for sure. 

I have today hauled my aforementioned bulk around the estate for a paltry 2 miles- and that dear reader was a struggle too! 

I could lie and say the summer humidity held me back like a rope tied to a car… but I know the real story. 

Anyway, on the positive- an angle I do prefer to take- I have managed to hugely cut down on my alcohol intake this year and have in fact gone without it for 8 days now. Plus I’m actually writing this blog, again a positive. However, the biggest positive is that I am still getting out there and running reasonably regularly- despite the toughest of it! 

The ups and downs of my running journey continue! 

No comments:

Post a Comment