Friday 6 June 2014

The RunStreak So Far...

So I'm doing a runstreak! And we're already up to day 6. And I'm already feeling proud (!) I can actually say that I haven't been this proud since the 2013 Great North Run. I can't understand why though? All I've done is run for 6 consecutive days- hardly pulling up any trees. 


I have thought about this for a while and I'm convinced it is because I have set a goal, albeit it an infinite one, and I am carrying it through! I am constantly reading the blogposts of guys and girls who have run for 100 days, for 200 days... for 400 days! Oh. My. God. How do they find the strength, will power and the self determination to carry this through? A mammoth achievement. Let's not forget the mighty Dr. Ron Hill, who, as many of you will already know, has run EVERY DAY for at least 1 mile, since December 1964! My brain can't quite compute that information!

                                                                  

I am constantly asking myself, "What will my number be?". Yet I secretly harbour dreams to compete with Dr Hill's record... is it really possible? What happens when I get ill? What happens when there's an emergency? How will I fit it in around the children? How Will I run if I get injured? Well, only one thing is certain... time will tell! 

All I can definitely do is report on where the runstreak has taken me so far. Mentally it has taken me to the depths of despair- recovering from an IT Band Problem, I am constantly worrying that I will do permanent damage. My superior self then berates my meek self whip in hand, "Nothing gets done sitting in a chair! Get up! Get MOVING!"

                                                            

I have seen brilliant scenes of wildlife against the warm setting sun- swans with their young, experience imparting upon youth- is there a greater sight? I have pounded the pavement, gazing at a 1000 car drivers trudging through rush hour traffic half in awe, half in jealousy. I have run the slowest I have ever run, and felt brilliant for it. Never before have I felt so MOTIVATED! Finally I am fitting my running into my life at all costs and, I've gotta be honest...

i feel great

You can follow the Running Geek on Twitter @stevenlomax2. Alternatively, sign up to follow this blog, or contact the Running Geek directly on stevenlomax1984@gmail.com. You can also check on the Running Geek's progress on Strava under Steven Lomax


No comments:

Post a Comment